Personal Injury Lawyers serving South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky
Headley Ballard LLC provides robust representation for victims of personal injury that occurred due to the negligence of another. Our team of personal injury lawyers in Mount Pleasant, SC, and Pearisburg, VA, routinely assist victims of car accidents, workplace accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other incidents that cause injury. As a victim of the carelessness of another you could be entitled to monetary compensation. To learn more about filing a personal injury lawsuit in South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, or Ohio, give our team a call and we will schedule a free initial consultation and we will get you on the path to recovery.
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Workplace Injury Lawyer
- Product Liability Lawyer
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
- Premises Liability Lawyer
- Malpractice Lawyer
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is a form of civil lawsuit filed by or on behalf of the injured person against an individual or entity, such as a business, responsible for the plaintiff's injury. Since time, pain and suffering can not recovered, a personal injury lawsuit seeks to recover damages in the form of money. Damages recovered help a person heal mentally, physically and financially due to lost wages, inability to work, mental anguish and high medical bills. The team at Headley Ballard LLC works diligently to get our clients the money they rightfully deserve following a personal injury.
Winning a Personal Injury Lawsuit
There are three key factors to winning a personal injury claim. Headley Ballard LLC excels at ensuring your case meets the high standards of personal injury lawsuits before we ever file a claim to ensure that you have the highest chances of recovering damages. All cases must prove the following.
- Did you suffer an injury? - This is generally easy to prove in a court of law, but not always. An injury can either be physical, such as a broken arm that occurred in a slip and fall case, or psychological, such as the onset of anxiety due to a car accident. Proper documentation of an injury, mental or physical, is a must for a case to move forward.
- Were the injuries caused by another party's negligence? - It needs to be provable that the injuries you received were caused by the negligence of a person or entity. In short, it must be found their carelessness resulted in your injury, making them liable for the harm you suffered. Negligent actors can include distracted drivers, property owner not fixing a hazardous sidewalk, or dog owners who were unable to control a vicious pet.
- Are there recoverable damages? - For the claim to move forward you must have suffered provable personal and/or financial loss. Financial loss includes medical bills, lost wages or a reduction in overall earnings. Personal loss that can be remedied with monetary recovery includes short and long term physical pain, emotional suffering, diminished quality of life or the loss of companionship.
If you have been the victim of a personal injury don't hesitate to contact Headley Ballard LLC. Our personal injury lawyers in Pearisburg, VA, and Mount Pleasant, SC, are ready to help. Call us in Mount Pleasant at (843) 242-0703 or in Pearisburg (540) 235-5569 to request your free personal injury consultation today.